Clinical Coding Video Training Course
Accurate and comprehensive coded clinical data is essential for reliable and effective clinical and statistical analysis. The certified Clinical Coding Course is an instructor-led online video training we produced for The Coding Company. It consists of 11 units and 25-hours of video training. Participants are introduced to clinical coding using the International Classification of Diseases 10th revision Australian Modification Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 10th Edition).
For those of us without a medical background, the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) is developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) for worldwide use in translating the narrative descriptions of diseases, injuries and procedures contained in medical records into alphanumeric codes.
The Coding Company provides clinical coding, auditing, and education solutions.
In this course, participants will
- Learn how to apply medical terminology appropriately
- Understand the importance of clinical coding and its impact on healthcare quality and funding
- Understand the non-clinical work environment in a healthcare facility
- Learn the Australian Coding Standards
- Learn how to abstract clinical data from medical records, and
- Learn how to assign codes to clinical data appropriately.
We used a combination of on-screen text (extracted from PowerPoint presentations that the client provided us with), animations and stock video footage to create a rich learning experience and keep participants interested and engaged in the course.
We also created the accompanying course handbook.
Here are some more ecerpts for the course:
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Valves of the Heart
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Porto-systemic Shunt (TIPS)
- The Musculoskeletal System (coming soon)
- Dynamic Hip Screw Fixation (coming soon)